BACK TO SCHOOL – CREATIVE PARK
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, FACEBOOK or INSTAGRAM. Participants provide a complete release to FACEBOOK and/or INSTAGRAM in relation to this competition.
PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
- The Promoter is Canon Middle East FZ-LLC (“Promoter”). Promoter will use SOCIALEYEZ Agency as a facilitator for this competition.
- All entrants (“Participants”) must be residents of UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, Jordan or Lebanon and aged 18 or over.
- Employees of Promoter, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
- By entering this competition, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
- Participants along with their child, create a Creative Park masterpiece/artwork using content downloaded from canon.com/c-park and upload an image of themselves with this artwork on their own Facebook and/or Instagram accounts using the hashtag #Pixmagination, followed by hashtag of your country of residence or its abbreviation, in English or Arabic, example
#UAE or #UnitedArabEmirates or الإمارات_العربية_المتحدة#.
- Only participants who have purchased [Canon Inkjet printers or Canon inkjet consumables] between 15 August and 30 September 2017 are eligible to win the prizes. Copy of the product invoice must be presented when claiming the prize along with valid ID.
- Up to five (5) entries/images are permitted and more than one image from any one entrant may be chosen for publication, but prizes will be strictly limited to one per person;
- Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date of 7 October 2017 will not be eligible for any prize;
- Promoter’s decision on the winning entries is final and cannot be contested by the participant.
- By submitting images to enter this competition, all entrants are deemed to have granted the Promoter permission to use their images on Promoter-owned social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google+ and to use it in connection with this promotion without limitation (this may include future publication in reference to this promotion or a similar promotion).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Participants download content from canon.com/c-park.
- Participants along with their child, create a Creative Park masterpiece/artwork using content downloaded from canon.com/c-park and upload an image of themselves with this artwork on their own Facebook and/or Instagram accounts using the hashtag #Pixmagination, followed by hashtag of your country of residence or its abbreviation, #UAE or #UnitedArabEmirates.
- Winners will be contacted via Facebook (Facebook messenger must be donwloaded to enable Promoter to contact them) or Instagram direct message (DM).
- All entries must be received between 15 August 2017 and 7 October 2017.
- The photo must be original and taken by the Participant;
- The photo submitted by the Participant must not contain:
i) recognisable persons, unless Participant can demonstrate that such persons have granted all the necessary permissions for the footage to be used and published by Promoter under the terms and conditions of Clause 12; or
ii) works of art; unless Participant can demonstrate that Participant has been granted a licence to have such works of art used and published by Promoter under the terms and conditions of Clause 12 of these Ts and Cs or
iii) logos or brand names unless Participant can demonstrate that Participant has been granted a licence to have such logos or brand names used and published by Promoter under the terms and conditions of Clause 12 of these Ts and Cs; or
iv) image featuring nudity or anything which may be considered obscene, immoral or in any way inappropriate or illegal; or
v) anything that may infringe the rights of any third party.
- Participants agree to be contacted by Promoter for the purposes of administring the competition or in the event that Promoter wishes to discuss any other use of the picture submitted to the competition. For this purpose, participants must download Facebook messenger.
- Winner will have 72 hours from receipt of the message from Promoter to respond and accept the prize, failing which, another winner will be chosen by Promoter and notified in the same way.
- Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which do not otherwise meet the above requirements.
- By submitting its entry, Participant warrants that:
- Participant is the sole author of the photograph;
- Participant is the owner of the proprietary rights in the photograph;
- the photograph and any element appearing in the photograph do not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party
- in the case where a person or person’s image appears in the photograph, Participant has obtained written permission from those person(s) for Promoter to use their image(s) as described in these terms and conditions; and
- it is the responsibility of Participant to ensure that the relevant permission has been sought, model release forms have been satisfactorily completed and that copyright is not infringed.
Promoter warrants that:
- it shall act within the scope of the rights granted under these terms and conditions;
- Subject to Clause 12, Promoter reserves the right to re-post, display, reproduce or publish, or give permission to display, reproduce or publish any entry without payment to the author of the photograph.
- Two school fees are to be won per country (through random selection). The school fees amount to:
The amounts will be paid in the form of a cheque.
- UAE: 5k USD towards school fees
- Oman, Jordan ,Lebanon ,Kuwait , Bahrain: 3k USD towards school fees
- The best 50 entries in each country will win a digital camera (Canon Ixus, worth 80$) - winners will be selected by the Promoter.
- The Promoter’s decision on the winners is final and cannot be contested by any means; legal or otherwise.
- Selected winners must visit a specific store to claim the prize (location and details will be communicated once winners are selected)
- The prizes should be collected before 15 November 2017.
- Promoter reserves the right to publish the name and town and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation/ceremony after the date of the competition. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise Promoter at time of being notified that they have won.
- The Prizes are non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of Promoter.
- After the closing date, Promoter will select the winners latest by 2nd week of October 2017.
- All entries will be gathered systematically
- School fee prizes will be selected randomly and systematically
- Top 50 entries will be selected by Canon Middle East
- Promoter reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers that there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this competition.
- Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Promoter liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
- In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the competition, the decision of the Directors of Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of the UAE and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the UAE courts.