Standard Connection Method
1. Press the [Setup] button (A) on the printer.
1. Select [Wireless LAN setup] and press the [OK] button.
1. Please press the [Stop/Reset
] button and the following screen will be displayed.
2. When the above screen displayed, press the [OK] button.
The printer will now search all available wireless networks in the immediate vicinity.
(####### indicates the available network names)
3. Use the arrow keys to select the name of your network (also referred to as SSID) and press the [OK] button twice.
If you are unsure of the name of your wireless network (SSID), it may be on a printed label attached to your access point or by checking the name of the network your computer is connected to.
If you cannot see your network listed, use the arrow keys to select [Search again] and press the [OK] button.
4. When the following screen appears, using the numeric buttons on the machine, you can enter the security passphrase of your wireless network.
The machine has three input modes: uppercase mode, lowercase mode, and numeric mode. Press the button to switch to the uppercase mode (:A), lowercase mode (:a), or numeric mode (:1). (Displayed in top right of screen).
For example, in the uppercase mode, pressing the button once will give you "A" and pressing the button twice will give you "B" etc. If you have 2 characters contained within the same button, press the arrow key to advance to the next character. If you accidentally make a mistake, you can delete the character by pressing the key. Once you have finished entering the passphrase, press OK.
The following screen will appear:
Press the [OK] button.
This concludes the Wi-Fi setup procedure.
Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA MX474.
If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product, please download the manuals and software to continue.
If the wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please contact us for further assistance.