Standard Connection Method
1. Press the [Menu] button (A) on the printer.
1. Use the [
] buttons (A) to navigate to the [Wireless LAN Setup] or [WLAN Setup] icon and press the [OK] button (B).
The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp (C) lights up when wireless connection is enabled.
The display on the printer should be as shown below:
1. Press the [Stop/Reset ] button.
The following screen will be displayed.
2. Select [Standard Setup].
The printer will now search all available wireless networks in the immediate vicinity.
3. Use the[
] buttons to highlight the name (or SSID) of your wireless network, then press the [OK] set button to select it.
If you are unsure of the name of your wireless network, it may be on a printed label on your access point, or by checking the network your computer is connected to. Alternatively, if you cannot see your network listed, then press the left function button (A) [Search again].
4. One of the screens below will be displayed on the printer, depending on which security method your access point is using.
5. Press the [OK] button.
6. Enter the network password (WEP key or passphrase). Again, if you are unsure of the password of your wireless network, it may be on a printed label on your access point, character entry is case-sensitive.
You can enter the characters when the keyboard is displayed on the printer.
Follow the procedure below
a. When an on-screen keyboard (shown above) is displayed, press the centre function button (A) to switch to a keyboard that supports characters you want to use.
Three types of keyboard (upper case alphabetical, lower case alphabetical and numeric/symbolic) are available. Each press of the center function button switches the keyboard type.
b. Use the [
] buttons (B) to select a character from the keyboard, then press the [OK] button to enter it.
Entered characters appear in the upper section (C) of the on-screen keyboard.
c. If you need to delete a character, then press the right function button [Del character].
d. Repeat a and b to enter the remaining characters.
7. Press the left Function button to select [Done] when you’ve finished entering your network password.
8. Make sure that the network password is correct.
If you have made a mistake, press [OK] to edit the password you have entered.
9. Press the left function button [End Setup] to connect to your network.
10. When the screen below appears, press the [OK] button to return to the menu screen.
This concludes the standard connection setup procedure.
Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA MX924.
If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product, please download the manuals and software to continue.
If the wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please contact us for further assistance.