i-Pack – based in Sarpsborg, Norway – has always excelled at creating display graphics and packaging solutions for the Point-of-Sale (POS) market. Operating under different names and owners since its founding in 1997, the company – based in Sarpsborg, Norway – has worked with a number of leading packaging companies in Scandinavia and other European markets.
By 2013, however, its founder – Atle Andreassen – felt the company was not fulfilling its potential. “We had lost our identity,” comments Andreassen. Functioning as more of a local sales organisation for its parent company, Andreassen led a successful buyout to bring the business back to its roots. Rebranded as i-Pack AS, the specialist’s new strategy was to revert back to supplying, and, more importantly, producing high quality POS materials and special packaging. The long-term goal was to be the best in its field.
“Thanks to Canon’s support and technology, we’re well on our way to achieving our business objectives.”
Atle Andreassen, Founder
Enhanced delivery time for Just-In-Time proposition– from three weeks to one week for some applications
Increased monthly volumes by 300%
Aiming to grow volumes by 25% by end of 2015 and an additional 15% by 2016
Underpinned the establishment of newly developed i-Pack Digital division and further expansion with i-Pack Plast for wood, plastic and steel applications, and i-Pack Design & Communication for original campaign design
Expand business to become leader in POS solutions
• Struggle to meet customer demand for fast turnaround for POS campaigns that are often reactive
• No control of print quality affecting quality of end product
• Outsourcing short-run printing jobs created onerous production line
• Limited and expensive prototyping process
• No capability to produce new applications for further business growth
Canon analysed business strategy and best solution to enable customer to add printing to service offering
• Canon and Arizona technology was recommended by new business partner for new digital division
• Canon invited company to pre-launch of the Arizona 6000 series in Vancouver
• Demonstration of productivity and versatility across wide range of media for short-run packaging, display and commercial print applications
• Canon supported installation and integration with existing finishing line
Click the links below to read more about the products and services they are using.